Hands down the most common question I get asked on social media is “how do you keep your hair colours bright for so long?”! When you’ve dyed your hair something funky and colourful, the last thing you want is to see all that hard work and money go down the drain (literally!) after a few washes. In my many years of having hair in every colour of the rainbow, I’ve learned loads of ways to extend the life of a fabulous, colourful unicorn mane, so I thought it was high time to make a post of my best tips for maintaining vivid and pastel hair!
Click through to the post below to read on! 🙂
Late last year I was fortunate enough to have my work chosen to be featured in an editorial spread in STM – my first print editorial!! The spread was entitled ‘Bright Young Things’ and the accompanying description read:
“Jump into the party season with bold colours, crazy textures and plenty of personality. STM brings you style inspiration from some of WA’s most creative fashion graduates”.
It was such a great feeling seeing photographs of my work in a print publication… Especially one with the readership of STM and The Sunday Times! This photo also made an appearance in The Sunday Times newspaper itself, accompanying an article about the gorgeous model you see wearing it – Ajok Madel! (There was also a teeny weenie little photo of me in this article too, hehe!)
On the day of the shoot I hung around for a while and helped out behind the scenes – so much fun! I was throwing glitter from off-camera for photos, putting on an awesome playlist of funky songs to have on in the background while photos were being snapped, and helping with the general set up of the space… I really enjoy being on set for fashion shoots, its loads of fun getting to work with other creatives!
Photographer: Jess Yeh @ Shift Creative
Model: Ajok Madel @ Viviens
Stylist: Zoe Van Zanten
Hair and Makeup: Hendra Widjaja
Retoucher: Juliet Chen @ Shift Creative
- DeLorean Sunglasses, Dolls Kill (available at dollskill.com)
- Pink Haze Aviator Shades, Tibbs & Bones (available at tibbsandbones.com)
- Daisy Brain Hair Clips, Tibbs & Bones (available at tibbsandbones.com)
- Velvet Cap Beret, one spo (available at dollskill.com)
- Rainbow Glitter Flower Power Choker, Marina Fini (available at marinafini.com)
- Joan of Arc Long Sleeved Dress, DI$COUNT UNIVERSE (available at discountuniverse.com)
- Camera Bag, KENZO (available at shopbop.com)
- Four Coloured Desert Maxi Dress, ZIZTAR (available at ziztar.com)
- Zaza Multi Floral Print Ankle Boot, EGO (available at ego.co.uk)
- Chenille Heart Pinafore Dress, Lazy Oaf (available at lazyoaf.com)
- Little Bear Pouch, Moschino (available at shopbop.com)
- Sierra Flare Ankle Boots, Public Desire (available at publicdesire.com)